View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Instead of suppressing your immune system even further, which I personally think is whack, how about doing things like juicing, taking Chlorella, good vitamins, super foods, etc.?

I still think that a second pair of eyes on a patient is always a good idea. I'm glad your doctor is so well-versed but let me give you an example. My internist, who I'd known since 1983, kept saying to me in 1997 - 1999 that I was fine. Or, more accurately, that "Nothing is seriously wrong with you." It took four months of research before I believed I knew what was going on. I was so tired that I couldn't stay awake; so tired that I felt sick. When I read the description for pernicious anemia, I was pretty sure I found the answer. Even after that, I had to ask my doctor TWICE to run a simple little test. Sure enough, I had a severe B12 deficiency - basically I was on B12 fumes.

This was a very smart doctor and very nice. Top-rated doctor, in fact. She was not looking at my situation in a fresh way, or in a logical way, frankly. And while she apologized to me, the damage was done. I still have a neuropathy in my lower legs/feet. I didn't have treatment soon enough. I do respect her but she did not do her job as well as she should have.

This may not be your situation but it's always worth a 2nd opinion when you have a more complex situation. Every specialty looks at you with a different "lens" and you might find that a new doctor could unlock something to help you.

Just my opinion.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote