View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 11:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Annie, I want to thank you for the info. I also came back to say that in spite of "bragging up" my doc I have to add that he is about the only doc that I have met who has a very, very small ego. He is extremely humble and extremely kind and I am so lucky to have been referred to him.

He is open to suggestions beyond belief. He has never felt that he has figured me out totally and he has another doc in his practice plus an extremely smart FNP who specialized in immunology/immune-the whole thing- who sees patients. These 3 people have conferences every week and I have been the their topic many times. I have to add that I am better since being on the IVIG and for that I am thankful.

He never wanted to put me on plaquenil cause he said it wasn't strong enough. The last time I saw him he wanted to start the imuran and I had reservations. I told him I had reservations and told him I would make a deal with him. I said to put me on plaquenil and if it doesn't help then we would talk. Well, the plaquenil has helped me a lot. My fatigue (which hasn't been so bad since IVIG) is much, much less and the swelling in my nasopharynx and throat is much less. You can't imagine the problems I have had with that over the past 12 years.

Anyway, thank you all for your input and also for the links. I plan on doing some research and when I am seen again I will ask more questions. I started out doing a lot of research and then in 2009 hubby had lung cancer surgery and 2010 he had a stroke and went into respiratory arrest and was on a vent for a couple of days. He is doing extremely well, but still is sick a lot and in the hospital due to his low IgG levels. I am our caregiver and I have been exhausted the past couple of years. So many doc visits, medical records, phone calls, etc,. We are a sorry pair!!!! Thanks again gto

Mike, Thank you for your info. That was interesting about your family. I have one sister who has some health issues but no autoimmune stuff. My hubby is an autoimmune mess also and his one sibling, a brother, doesn't have anything either. Guess we just have to be born Lucky.
69gto73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote