View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 12:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I've been on this drup for "maintenance" of headaches since August 2011 and haven't really seen any improvement since I am currently still experiencing headaches. The side effects for me were intense on this drug. They don't call this drug "dopamax" for nothing. I was warned that it would make me stupid and between the Topamax and the Zoloft, I was living in a fog. I had no emotion at all. I was very forgetful and did stupid stuff all the time.

Another side effect that many doctors don't know about is that Topamax will made the taste of soda taste funny to you after a week or two while on this drug. Soda will taste flat while on this drug.

This upside for me while on this drug was that it turned out to be an appetite suppressant. I'm normally a runner working out and running 5 days a week and due to the concussion, I've been out of running 11 months now. This drug has kept me from gaining a lot of unwanted waited. I've been told that some doctors actually prescribe this drug for weightloss but those who use for that intended purpose actually gain weight.
kccat77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote