View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 03:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have been told by several doctors at very prestigious places that the risk of a stroke is very very small. I have both subclavian artery and vein trapped by excessive scar tissue after a broken clavicle from a bad car accident. So, don't worry so much (yeah, easier said than done, believe me I know), you probably have a much better chance of getting hit by a bus or falling space junk than of having a stroke from this.

There are plenty of good doctors in NY. You just have to dig for the information on the medical center websites, I have found it to be mostly buried kind of deep, probably because TOS is not well known, understood, or "popular".

Are you near NYC? Look into Dr. Mark Adelman at NYU. Vascular surgeon, head of dept. Yet not eager to chop into a problem just because it's there, takes time with you, and generally nice, not arrogant like most. Just went down into the city again to see him, he had more ultrasounds of neck & thoracic vessels done to reassure me and my pt that we didn't have to worry about strokes from this.
winic1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hope526 (10-03-2014), Jomar (02-11-2012)