View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 04:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

All has finally calmed down at home... too much frustration was sorted out.

My partner was getting frustrated with me for not sitting all day long. He now understands I can help and will offer to help and Im not completely incapable and I do call out when it all becomes too much.

I had a good week this week, I managed a trip to the shops with my partner just to get out n have a walk about. We were out for about an hour when i was finally pooped and asked to go home. The following day i wanted to go up to the local shop n get some stuff for scrapbooking. The plan went well till i wanted to buy a cup of coffee and couldnt remember my pin to my card. I paniced n went to the bank in ears where i was met by a lovely Teller who organised me and sent me on my way. I enjoyed my cuppa and bought what I needed and headed back home. Because I had a big day on my own and a bit emotional too I ended up with a killer Migraine which upset my partner. we got it under control but we both now realise I simply cant go out alone for now and will have to limit trips to no more then 1 hr.
What I noticed was my speech got terribly worse when I paniced and the staff in the shops treated me as if I had a mental disorder not a speech issue, so im now setting out to create a witty T-Shirt to wear out on such occasions. A friend had also suggested I make up a couple of witty badges instead of shirts to pop on when struggling in public.
I certainly dont think and act as I did 6 months ago and I just hope it all comes back after my op.
Speaking of Op's. Since my second trip to hospital was on the day before my surgeon appointment I have been placed back to the bottom of the waiting line which means right now we dont know when I will get into see him but it looks like nothing will be happening this side of July at least. I will keep u all posted tho.
Much love n big hugs to all,
cass
cass3765 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote