View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 12:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Trans Global Amnesia

I had a Trans Global Amnesia last year.
Thankfully I was at work at the time (hospital) and they acted very fast.

I stumbled and began disorientated; everything seemed to be in slow motion and I could not think of ‘words’ I just kept repeating over and over again ‘ I don’t feel well’. I don’t remember any more than that; my family and colleagues filled me in with what happened next.

They told me I had gone back in time and thought I still worked on another ward from over six years ago!

They took me to A&E where they gave an injection for suspected stroke. They did scans and MRI scan and took bloods and an ECG. apparently I even used a bed pan!

Around five hours into the TGA I could not speak; lift my legs or arms or open my mouth. I became ‘aware’ after 8 hours when I found myself admitted onto a stroke ward. I then ‘repeated’ things for another 24 hours and my short term memory was affected for a further 8 weeks. I also had left side weakness. I don’t remember anything of what happened. The CT scan indicated that I’d had this TGA and also in my ECG. My family and the nursing staff said that I had repeated myself and asked the same thing several times

They started me on aspirin and symvistain for cholesterol; they told me that there was no understanding why this happens other than it could be a blood clot blocking the oxygen which caused short term symptoms. Oddly enough they had this condition on the Martin program where Doc Martin had a patient with the same condition.
Babsuk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
carbreezy (09-04-2012), jeep4wd (02-16-2012), SallyC (02-11-2012)