View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 01:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Nick,

You are making your anxiety worse by being too critical of every odd feeling. The comparing does not help you. Have you tried having a glass of juice or some chocolate milk to get some sugar into your system. Some people wake up with low blood sugar. This can cause some of these strange feelings.
I haven't tried the glass of juice or chocolate milk thing. I'll try that.

I'm just getting tired of this crap, Mark...I really am. I wake up every morning feeling like I'm not even myself. I'm starting to have more responsibilities now. My head isn't even on right to take them on.... I just bought a car last night that needs a couple repairs done too it. I've gotta get my mechanic down here this weekend to get this taken care of so I can register the car on Monday. I can barely function enough to get him down here and explain to him what's going on.

I'm gonna be having either joint or full custody of my little buddy here soon....waking up with my head not on right isn't good for when he is here...you know? I question my ability to take care of him which kills me. It's kinda hard to not have anxiety when you can barely function enough to take care of your kid.

I know I need a stronger medicine to control it...but that doesn't fix PCS. That doesn't fix not knowing what's going on upon waking up. It doesn't fix not being able to function in a conversation....it just helps you not worry about it.
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brain patch (03-26-2013), Dmom3005 (02-11-2012), ginnie (02-17-2012)