View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 03:30 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Could it be from his upper cervical area? When he shoots hoops, the natural tendency is to lift the head and look up. Early on, I had a problem with looking up because I was trying to find the near vision part of my new tri-focal glasses. The head up and tipped back position made my symptoms worse.

Has he been checked out by a good chiro for his upper neck? There are some self-tests that can be done regarding this head position. I found them on the internet at a physical therapy site or such. I wish I could remember where it was.

After seeing the post about half his face being droopy, my concern about an upper neck injury effecting/causing his tingling also may be applicable to the cranial nerves that innervate the face. The soft tissue surrounding these nerves may be injured and inflamed effecting the function of the nearby cranial nerves, such as CN-VI and CN-VII. I don't know if it is possible to do an EMG (electromyogram) of the facial/cranial nerves but it would be an interesting question for an ENT/Neurologist.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

Last edited by Mark in Idaho; 02-11-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote