View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 03:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
I agree that the video itself doesn't seem like it is meant to standardize the protocols...but the researchers in it say that they would like to. Tha PDF download gives some more information about a couple of different protocols and the common benefits and limitations of each one.

I am so excited about trying this out. I ordered everything (hope I got all the different parts I need) yesterday. Honestly...my biggest concern is trying to figure out the best times of the day to do the treatments. Assuming I am allowed to return to work, my hours are pretty funky. Do you do the treatments at the same time every day or do you think it matters? I don't think my workplace would be a good place to do the treatment as it is extremely rare to ever get a break where you don't get pulled back out to the floor for something and I know you sort of need to sit still with the tDCS treatment.

But I'm getting ahead of myself I think. I haven't even started yet and already I am worrying about how to fit treatments in with my work schedule.
It would probably be ideal if you did not start tDCS the same time you are returning to work. Doing so may be akin to starting two new meds at one time. If you have to return to work next week it might be a good idea to adjust to work first to more or less get a baseline for you pain level during the workday and then begin tDCS so you can assess how the treatment is effecting you.

I agree that treatments at work may be precarious if you can't get a total of twenty minutes of quiet, uninterrupted time. Fitting the treatments in should not be a problem as long as you allow at least six hours in between treatments.

Another reason for adjusting to work first is to also establish how work is effecting your sleep. Beginning the job and tDCS may present a challenge if your sleep is disrupted and you are not sure what the culprit is. For me if I do tDCS after 5pm my sleep is disrupted, but others do not have this issue.

Just my random thoughts.

Best to you!!!
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (02-11-2012)