View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 12:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karilann View Post
Sometimes when I move my eyes from side to side...I hear a swish sound. I told my doc and she seemed to know what it was.....but didn't tell me anything.
Anyone else had this?
I experience this phenomenon right now. I have visited an ENT who did a physical exam of my ears, nose and throat and then I had an audiology test. So far she has not indicated a diagnosis. I am waiting about a week to see if this phenomenon goes away. If not, she suggested a CT scan of the sinus area of my head. The sound I experience occurs if I keep my head steady, and look quickly left or right. It also occurs if I look upward. But not if I look down. The sound I experience seems to be in my ears, a swishing sound, or a low frequency rubbing sound. I imagine it to be the sound of two rubber bands drawn across each other at right angles, like a bow across a violin string. But the sound in not high frequency, like a high pitched tone or the ringing described by tinnitus. I have experienced tinnitus very infrequently. And I cannot voluntarily generate that sound. This sound seems only associated with voluntary movement of the eyes. I do have a slight sensation of pressure in the ears, but no nausea or vertigo. I would like to know if there is a diagnosis for this. I have not ever had this sensation before.
Steve C is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (02-12-2012)