Thread: PCS migraines
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 04:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Kccat,

I am so sorry for all of the pain that you are having. I have been suffering from horrible migraines since my accident, but none lasted quite as long as yours.

What I have found that has helped me is acupuncture and Chinese medicine. I still get headaches, but they have been milder and don't last as long since I have been going for acupuncture.

I was considering trying Botox injections if the acupuncture didn't help. Botox has been okayed for migraines, so many insurance companies will cover it if the neurologist says that you need it.

There is also preventative stuff to try. You can read online about vitamin B-2, magnesium, CoQ10, feverfew being used to help prevent migraines. If you want to try any of them, I would recommend trying them one at a time to see if they help. And it takes awhile to start to work.

I hope that your doctor can find something to stop the migraines. They are awful and awfully debilitating as well.

By the way, there are also plenty of websites about migraines. One website that comes to mind is called Magnum, I believe. People write in about what works for them.

Good luck. Please let us know how you are doing.

ShellyK
ShellyK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote