View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

It really is such a personal choice. What may scare the pee pants off of me, may not make you shake at all. Some folks are terrified of the possibility of depression and will stay away from the interferons. Some folks are terrified of the bigger needle that comes with Avonex and wont choose it. Others like that its only once a week and run to it.

You have to read all that you can read, discuss it with your family, friends, and MD and take your best shot (no pun intended) what may make me horribly ill, may not phase you.

I am on the "makers diet" I eat as if I were back in bible times. Swank advocates extreme low fat, low sugar and other things that I wasnt willing to do. I do eat the occasional sugar product, but I make it from scratch, not from a box. I avoid MSG, high fructose corn syrup, splenda, aspertame, or other chemically manipulated foods such as corn products or white flours. As a matter of fact while I am not gluten free, its rare that I eat gluten. I am not intentional with it, it just works out that way.

I feel dramatically better since stopping my DMD, and have more energy, more ability to think, and be part of my own life. On C I felt mentally crippled, I had bad panic attacks, was covered in psoriasis and itched along with losing hand fulls of hair each day. it was miserable for me, and I felt like my life was spinning out of control. Others take C and dont notice a single side effect.

I wish you luck no matter what you pick.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
KittyLady (07-06-2012), SallyC (02-12-2012)