View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 11:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry, I mistyped- Lara (no editing until I have a certain amount of posts it seems, like the chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvers View Post
Hello Laura, thanks for the consideration,
We spent 12 weeks living in my home when she was amidst a drug/life transition and kept each other company through some dull traumas in each of our lives. I have to say that we have or prior to a few weeks ago had amazing chemistry, the kind one gets with a good friend after years, a companionate connection where reading each other and making inside jokes was as easy as thinking them. I've found myself somewhat committed to her, her health/happiness and since she restarted stimulants, she is cold, lackingly witty, avoidant, anxious, moody, standoffish... She says she is scared (relating to the downfall of past relationships, getting hurt, and piecing her life back together), but ends up making plans with others and maybe placating? me with gifts and compliments... Prior, weeks before even, I'd been the individual who she looked to for rationality, comfort, and intellectual stimulation -I'm not sure... it is just as though I am being left out of the equation and viewed as an afterthought, though as it is painted, I am the primary consideration -despite the avoidant behavior. I've looked into those links, and well if there is any insight there, it is subtle and buried in the material. I can say that I feel the second link provides a somewhat accurate archetype of who she can be sometimes... I know what I'd do in a relationship with one not of such a condition, but feel this is different. Idk, will get back with a bit more... just- well, been a long night
danvers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (02-12-2012)