View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 01:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi from Colombia South America

My name is Debra Owens and live Bogota. I am 51 and have had NMH most of my life, FMS since my 20s and DDD since my thirties. Exhaustion is my biggest enemy. I have to take Vigia to stay alert for any length of time. I usually only have a good 5 hours of Life in me per day, and can lengthen than with a few more Tramadol, another Vigia etc. But many times nothing works and I have to just accept that its one of those days. I want to try ribose. Where do I buy this? At a health store? I guess I'll have someone bring it in for me. Is it expensive?

I am married and have 4 kids, 2 of which are adopted, 3 of which have LD's, and one who has some psychiatric problems. I need more energy to be able to be more available to them. Only 2 are at home now, but they all still rely on me for emotional support. Love this but it wears me to a frazzle. But I wouldn't change my kids for the world. They are wonderful funny and giving gracious kids.

My husband and I work with Indigenous refugees who come to the city fleeing internal violence cause by the terrorist acts by the leftist guerrillas and the paramilitary. Its challenging, but rewarding in its own way.

We get to the U.S. every 3-4 years. But have spent most of the last 25 years in Latin America and the Caribbean. We love our life. I appreciate the talk about these neurological conditions, the most recent research, and how treatments work or don't work for different people. Thanks you Guys!
Debraowens is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote