View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 06:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post

Walking on the inner ankles...is called pronation. And this can be fixed with orthotics in the shoes. My son pronates only on his right ankle, and could never find the right shoe. After we had him fitted for the orthotics, he is totally a new man!
Some ankle issues are structural, and not just nerves.

So it really depends on the person, the genetics, and the diet.
Thank you for this. Actually he walks on the outside of his feet, to the extent that he is forming callouses. Back when i was a girl and shoes had rubber soles and heels mine were always worn down on the outside edges too. Newer sole materials don't show the wear the same way.
He isn't on our insurance anymore so on this recent visit home we just bought OTC ankle braces, which he loved as he had borrowed his basketball player brother's braces for a while. I did suggest he look up an orthotist back in China. Medical care is very affordable there, but also very uneven.
He doesn't drive, never liked it, so no worries there! But they have said if he hits his head again he is in danger of severe brain damage. I would go crazy if I thought about it too much, but we never know when we are going to get one of those calls or letters.
Thank you both.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (02-12-2012), MarcS (02-13-2012), mrsD (02-12-2012)