View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 07:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Back surgery and nerve damage after surgery

HI, my name is Kabrina and I am new to Neurotalk. I am 67 years old and have neuropathy in my hand and ulnar nerve fingers, hot stinging chronic pain. This began when I had a surgery 4 years ago. I woke up with the nerve pain. Has anyone else had this happen to them? This was my first surgery and I do not think that my limbs were treated with care. It was a 5 hour surgery. I am anxious about this happening again with the next surgery. Will have a long talk with anaesthesiologist next week.

I also have scioliosis and am scheduled for surgery on Feb. 28 at UCSF hospital. I will be fused S1 - T3, posterior position. My sciolosis has worsened with age, my lower spine's curvature is 75 degrees, has happened very quickly. Aside from the pain I experience, I am hoping I will have a better quality of life as I age. My surgeon is one of the best. I have alot of faith in him and his team. He is highly recommended. Has anyone had this surgery? My son is getting married the end of July and I need to be in great shape for that.
kabrina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote