View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 12:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Lema,

Sorry to hear what you are going through. I understand what you say when you feel like your alone, I too am young, 23, and can no longer live my life the way I did before I got hurt a year ago thanks to RSD. Mine was from a sprin to my knee, now the RSD is in my whole right leg. I was diagnosed firmly not even a week ago, but thanks to this sight and the fact that doctors pranced around the idea of RSD but wouldn't diagnose it. I knew exactly what I had, and unfortunaely I believe that if my case wasnt a WC case that I would have been diagnosed sooner, and treated a lot sooner too.

Your dad is right the stress is probably what is making it spread, but not because of anything you are doing. Feeling like your alone and when everyone doubts you stressses you out physically and mentally. Which I cant say thats part of my spread too, most nights I sit alone in my room and cry until I just pass out from exhaustion. I have removed a lot of people from my life becasue their presence just wasnt healthy for my condition any longer. i kno wit may be harder for you since you are a little younger than me and you depend on the ones so close to you, but I still live at home with my parents too. My parents finally accepted the RSD a week ago when I was diagnosed. Everyone refused to believe it because no Dr had confirmed it, now I have 4 backing me up. I am going to leave you with a link that I sent to my parents and close relatives, I gave up on friends, but it may help them understand a little more and help them help you get through this together. One thing to remeber is this has probably effected your parents almost as much as it has you when it comes to the stress. They have a daughter in pain and cant do a darn thing to help, no one can. But unfortunately, no one will be able to understand your pain from RSD unless they have experienced it for their self.

Best wishes and hope things start to get a little better for you soon. If you need someone to talk, I can massage you my email and I will be more than happy to talk as often as you want. Its a lot fo relief talking to someone who knows what you going through, that is why I am so thankful to have found this support group!

I hope the website below helps your family to help you!

rsdandyou.com/index.php?topic=921.0
justwantanswers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote