Old 02-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I found the lowering of blood sugar fairly quick with the
theanine. I use 300mg at bedtime.

I don't think the benfotiamine works as quickly or at the lower dose I use. 150mg a day. You'll have to experiment with that.

But don't forget I also use R-lipoic too. 100mg in the morning.
I've just started the 100mg at 4pm too.

I am borderline with my levels. And I think I have a cortisol connection too. Each of us is different.

A member at PN (joano) sent me some information on berberine.
I am going to add this soon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berberine

Now this statement in the above link, "as effective as metformin"...I've heard before in connection with d-chiro inositol, which did nothing for me. Also in the past guggulipids were supposed to be really good for cholesterol...did nothing for me either.

So I don't know about this hype about berberine. But I am going to try it with my next order to Amazon. (I will be using Thorne brand for safety--the others I don't know much about as yet).

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote