Thread: Unbelievable
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 04:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevan View Post
There was only one ALJ, not two. I will be going before the the same ALJ & hope to win. I know my chances are slim. I do know the people I dealt with are unprofessional, it doesn't matter if you think so or not. Regardless of what the one therapist disabilities are she is still doing something illegal. I had a child on disability and once you can work, regardless if you still have the disability you no longer qualify for SSI. It is fraud what she is doing; this kind of stuff should be stopped. We all should play by the rules.

I'm glad for you you had your gov't job. As you are probably aware, there is a lot of talk about the over inflated pensions & the tax payers resentment over this. I'm sure if you were a non gov't worker you would feel differently too.

Mental illness is a disability. For you to completely act like I'm supposed to suddenly be sane while dealing with some people who don't listen is odd. How can I do that? Do you think suddenly mental illness goes away? I know what has happened, and you totally missed my original post which was about two therapist, NOT DOCTORS, who wanted to pretend they are doctors. I'm sorry you didn't understand what the REAL subject was. Hopefully for others who may go through this problem, my suggestion would be to make sure you are dealing with REAL DOCTORS to determine what your true illnesses are, not focusing on making notes that amount to nothing other than you're dressed nice. Dressing nice or looking good doesn't make someone not have mental problems.

I have a good friend who calls me & his sister and tells us we will never get our social security, but then tells us how he got his disability. He doesn't even know I've applied for mine, nor does his sister. He just tells us that about our regular social security. The other day I said to him, but then that may mean yours could end. I said it nicely & there was no argument, I dearly love him. I was just trying to point out that many people simply don't understand & many do really mean well. Perhaps you did, and I appreciate again what you told me about what I will get at 62. I could be wrong & I stand corrected if I am. I will check tomorrow. Sorry you didn't understand, I usually don't post on these boards because I notice most want to say negative things instead of focusing on what the real subject was. I posted to try to help others who may be in my unfortunate circumstance, If it helped even one person than it was worth it.
Nobody is saying your illness is not real. I too have mental illness and know it does not "just go away". Your posts just sound so negative and mean spirited towards people in general, I could be wrong and if so, I apologize.

I must say that you and alot of other people are misinformed on all government workers. I was not a Federal worker at the White House. I was a local level making average wages. I paid into a union, paid into medical, paid into a retirement system, so NOTHING is handed to me. There are things working in government we lose that private sector employees get. Like the abililty to call OSHA, we couldn't, not allowed. We had to purchase our own disability coverage at $100.00 a month (which most people pay .63 cents a week through tax/payroll deductions) so we did not have disability leave like private sector people. I had to pay to park $100.00 a month, but didn't get paid anymore than the other people doing the same job somewhere else. Hardly ever had the opportunity for overtime. I knew I would never make big bucks working where I did, but I knew I would have good benefits and security with a job. Those are the choices I made for myself. Some people want the big bucks, some want the stability, some are lucky enough to get both. I am 41 yrs. old, started working at 12 babysitting, didn't stop working until I had to...July 2010. I was a non government worker for a long time also. I had medical that I paid into at those jobs also. I don't feel bitter towards people who earn their livings, it is the people who are high up in the government that pay 13% federal tax on their 2 million dollar income whe we the average people pay 30% on a 40 thousand income. I think that is the confusion on government workers.

As far as the "dressing nice", the doctors, therapists, whoever, that is part of their job, to assess your hygiene and your ability to bathe and dress in clean, neat clothing .Every therapist or Physchiatrist I have evr been to has noted that in their record about me and myappearance, my ability to take care of personal hygiene, how often I can do it, if I need assistance etc. That is important with people that have depression, especially people that cannot or do not get out of bed for days or do not leave the house for days. Do you kind of see now why they notate that kind of thing and other things that may seem trivial?

Good luck to you and hopefully your documentation will prove what you have been stating all along to the ALJ.

Live, Laugh, Love~
Sonny1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote