View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 05:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerina View Post
The hardest part of my journey was not fining the correct treatments and avoiding dangerous ones, but learning how and when to leave a doctor behind who was impeding my potential improvement.
This is so true. It was a hard decision for me to make last year when I was getting bounced around by doctor after doctor...all of them telling me there was definitely SOMETHING seriously wrong with me but none willing or able to do anything about it. What finally spurred me in the rear was my family doctor who had literally been my doctor my entire life told me that I would probably have to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair. That was the last straw and I wish I had not wasted so many months with him and the doctors he referred me to as they all proved to be a waste of time and money. No sense dwelling on the past though...I ended up with a wonderful doctor as my replacement and who knows if I would be where I am today if I had not switched when I did. All the trials of dealing with the bad doctors has made me stronger and more educated about how to deal with everything that I am going through. But there is always that fear...particularly when you hear the horror stories about people who cannot find good doctors that if you leave a GOOD doctor you will not find a GREAT doctor and then be in the same or worse position in the future.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote