View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 05:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
This is so true. It was a hard decision for me to make last year when I was getting bounced around by doctor after doctor...all of them telling me there was definitely SOMETHING seriously wrong with me but none willing or able to do anything about it. What finally spurred me in the rear was my family doctor who had literally been my doctor my entire life told me that I would probably have to spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair. That was the last straw and I wish I had not wasted so many months with him and the doctors he referred me to as they all proved to be a waste of time and money. No sense dwelling on the past though...I ended up with a wonderful doctor as my replacement and who knows if I would be where I am today if I had not switched when I did. All the trials of dealing with the bad doctors has made me stronger and more educated about how to deal with everything that I am going through. But there is always that fear...particularly when you hear the horror stories about people who cannot find good doctors that if you leave a GOOD doctor you will not find a GREAT doctor and then be in the same or worse position in the future.

Great point Catra.
I elevated dumping docs the to the level of fine art. I audition the new ones prior to dumping the old. I keep a current thorough file of every PT note, Doctor note, etc. so I don't have to have the new doc send for the records from the old doc. Once I identified a doc who was impeding my chances for remission, good, bad or somewhere in the middle, he/she was history.
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote