View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

You made it through a day. Good for you.

I hope your coffee and tea breaks were caffeine free. Caffeine is contra-indicated for PCS. Limiting caffeine to a single serving per day is best.

I was thinking about report writing and came up with a process I will try the next time I need to put together a complex document.

I am going to try using a two column table within MSWord. All of the different bits of information go in individual cells in one column. Once I get all of the information in place, I will then start ordering each cell of information by putting an number in the empty column cell. I can even add a decimal point to allow ordering between whole numbers. Then, a sort column by number will put the rows in proper order. Delete the number column then merge the text rows.

I think this will be a very interesting way to combine information into an ordered state.

A little bit of additional editing for proper grammatical flow and such and voila', a report is written.

In the past, I did lots of cut and pasted between documents and within documents. This sounds easier.

If anybody tries this, I would be eager to hear how it worked out.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote