View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 08:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Here are a couple links to RSD puzzles about the immune system:

Puzzle 77

Puzzle 108

I'm sure I've seen more on different sites too but if all else fails I always check the RSD puzzles. I know that I looked into this because since I got RSD I have had several issues with MRSA infections which are resistant to antibiotics.

As far as seeing your primary care doctor...he shouldn't have to TOUCH it to determine if it is infected. As Alt said...if it smells that strongly then it likely IS infected. It might help if you let it get some air for a little bit each day when you are able to sit still for a little while. Sometimes that can help. It might just be a matter of switching to a different antibiotic if the one you are on isn't cutting it...and that doesn't necessarily mean a bigger dose. Some infections are just resistent to different ones.

Hope it starts to get better soon. But if it is infected then that could be why it's so bad. And you don't want to mess around with infections because if they get into the blood stream they can be VERY dangerous...even life threatening. I don't mean to scare you...but infections should always be watched closely and not ignored.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote