View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 09:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default My Mom Passed away last week, separating normal grieving from Anxiety/Depression

My Mom passed away last week (2/5/12) she lived in Omaha, I live in San Diego, When I got the call mom passed, I cried hard, I thought at the time I would be ok as last year I went to see mom 6 times and everytime said my good byes, I went home for funeral, held up great, even spoke saying we have grieved now is the time to heal to celebrate her life. anyway I got back to San Diego and it hit me again, I cried last Friday and this past Sunday (2/12/12), I have had panic disorder for 18 yrs and found a program that has given my life back to me 2 yrs ago, I started to live again. I was off celexa as of 12/31/11 and 2012 was suppose to be my year. then I had a appendix burst 2 weeks ago and my mom pass away last week, I am really working on separating my mind racing (Anxiety vs. Grieving) I am thinking of starting celexa again, but I have feelings that this is normal to grieve and do I really need to start on Celexa again? I just hate the 2 times my mind started to race with thoughts about my health and losing my mom. any suggestions , thanks Samuel.
ssilverberg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote