View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 10:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused C6 Peek anterior cervical surgery

Hello

I have had pain in shoulder as a deep ache and then going down arm and into thumb and fingers cramping. Neck pain with bulging disc in all cervical areas but the main one touching or abutting the spine is C5 C6. I also went to ortho doctor about mid back pain around or between shoulder blades which I have had for over a year and no one has been able to see what was causing it except this doctor. The arm, shoulder and hand/palm pain only started about a month ago. I thought I had carpal tunnel. It bothers me and it feels numb sometimes off and on during the day but my hand (left) is killing me the most..cramping and mid thoracic area.

This orth doctor said it is all coming from my C5 C6. Is this true? I can see the shoulder, arms etc but the mid back at shoulder blades around T6. Should I get an ortho guy that specializes in cervical or spine or neurosurgeon. I am in Texas so if anyone could email a private message and recommend a top notch surgeon I would be willing to travel. I have good insurance. I am afraid because I do have adrenal insuffciency and two other autoimmune diseases. I have had surgeries with these but still I am reading not so good about these Peek Anterior Cervical Surgeries...Any information would be greatly appreciated. God Bless us all with chronic pain..

"It's frustrating to me that man can put a robot on Mars, harness nuclear energy, invent jets that fly 10-times faster than the speed of sound, predict a lunar eclipse 100 years from now to the minute; BUT they can't make one's pain go away. "

Linda:
lindees is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote