Thread: PHN and SSD
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 01:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default disability issues

I started getting disability in '05 I stopped work mid '04 and they take the first 6 months from you.
Quit fighting and going crazy, gt an attorney who specializes in disability cases. They can tell you if you will qualify or not because they don't get paid unless they win, then they take about 30% of your back wages, so..they don't take no money cases.
They took mine even though it was so little, I had been a homemaker and a student (military wife) but he saw what I had been through and how much pain I was in and took pitty.

As he said a quadriplegic will be denied their first time around,,,that's a quote. Then you go to a "govt" MD, that I had to EXPLAIN the disorder to because he'd never heard of it,,,great,,,then a counselor said I was depressed,,, well I could have told you that,,,it was like an episode from "Gilligans Island" I'm just waiting for the skipper to walk in with a coconut and a monkey on his shoulder,,,,,a " goat *&%^#" the denied again,,,who saw that coming!!huh huh,,,,, anyway the lawyer sends letters to your MD's asking what HE needs to know about your case and from that he writes a brief, which a judge will give about 5 minutes depending on the state and how well they know the lawyer('s honesty),

My lawyer always said it helped that her husband was a neurosurgeon!!! I had 2 MD's on board saying I could not work and I got fast tracked (I'm in Illinois) and I still waited 2.5yrs it would have taken another 18months without being rocket docket,,,,

Every state is different, some are much more streamlined some less...don't give up. Get a lawyer and let him fight for you.....
Don't give up hope...you will find the right lawyer that will work for you.
BethO2L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote