View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My healthy cat will sometimes pee 2 or 3 times a day, but my sick cat would sometimes wait till only very late at night till all was quiet and dark and rush down stairs to go.

Many things can cause this baby to hold her urine. Stress, infection, being in a new territory and having to use a box marked up by other animals using it, a dirty box and so forth.

Try to have a few litter boxes scattered thru the home so that everyone is not using the same box till they all get used to each other. be extra fussy about cleaning it till they settle down. I buy scooping litter, and we scoop our box about twice a day. its amazing to me how quickly it can fill up with only two in the house. There is another box not too far away, but they prefer this one.

Give your kitty a place to hide where she can decompress and feel safe, and be able to nap without fear of being snuck up on. Give her places to climb so she can get up high and get away from the floor. Many cats are climbers on top of furniture because it mimics nature, and being on the ground means you can easily become prey. Push a chair near a bookcase or add those cat beds to your window seats. My husband is forever chopping up cardboard boxes as places to play and hide.

I hope since your kitty has been in your home awhile that things are better. Please know that your kitty should pee at least ONCE per day. holding their urine can cause kidney damage, or bladder issues. A few bits of encouragement and she will be going with the big boys.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote