View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 01:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsmred View Post
I have had mp for 20 years diagnosed about 10 years ago. I have tried many types of pt all resulting in more pain. For me, the nerve endings in my leg do not like to be touched, massaged, stretched, or irritated in any way. Walking alot or standing in one place will cause a flare. My back does not give me as much trouble. I think the nerve has been pinched at the groin for too long. I will say that finding the advice for the lidoderm patch to be applied where the nerve is close to the skin at the groin where it is been pinched was very helpful. I also have been on Lyrica for many years which I don't realize helps until I skip a couple doses. Thankfully, I have had no side effects.
I am with you, I have had MP for 15 years diagnosed 1 months ago. I also have taken Lyrica for 5 years very effectively. Lidoderm was bit harder for me to start with because of the sensation of tearing burning flesh from my body when you tried to remove them (Men don't shave their legs). Once I knew I had MP and moving it to the abdomen mad a world of difference. They gave me a tens unit as well, the tech has no clue what MP is so they didn't give me proper placement for it to work, but I'll report any findings on it.
rMuD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote