View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 02:50 PM
kittycapucine1974

kittycapucine1974

Any kind of injuries, from mild injuries to the very worst of injuries, can cause RSD. Medical professionals (doctors and scientists) do not yet really understand why a person with a certain type and severity of injury will get RSD while another person with the same type and severity of injury will not get RSD.

On August 25, 2001, I was a pedestrian struck and injured by a car while crossing the street on a crosswalk. I was thrown 40 feet. My RSD started in my left knee, before spreading to my left leg, and then to my whole body. I know many people who had the same type and severity of injuries I had in my left knee, but these people (good for them ) did not get RSD.

If your RSD got caught early, you may have the chance of getting rid of it, but only if it is treated properly, by a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. I heard Dr. Schwartzman is one of the best RSD doctors. If I had had the financial means, I would have seen him, because I am especially interested in the inpatient RSD ketamine coma procedure. The word "coma" used to scare me; it does not anymore. I think it is like general anesthesia (I had nine of them), but lasts longer.

Good luck to you, and let us know how you are doing.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote