View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi lindees

Welcome to Neuro Talk. You are right. There have been many outcomes from this surgery. Much is said that is negative, but I want to be the positive one as mine turned out OK after the first one failed. Saying this, I didn't do all my homework about my first fusion. When the words MILD are used to describe your condition, and there is no intrusion on to the spinal cord, or cord compression, then maybe surgery shouldn't be an option. Only if it is severe to warrent the proceedure. I did have the words SEVERE in my first MRI all over the place. I had later what was called the domino effect. Much in the spine was not addressed the first time. Asking your doctors the condition of the vertrebre above and below the site of issue is always a good Idea. I was told after the first fusion that all was done that could be done....wrong.... I should have gone for the second opinion at that time. I was too much in pain and too much in a hurry to be rid of the pain. Ask all the questions about your particular condition. Do get those opinions too. I wish you all the best in what happens with your spine. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote