View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 07:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

..Well I went for my appt. yesterday to go over my MRI and fiqure out what the next step will be. Again I had to see his nurse. She acted like it was going to be just a routine check up. I told her I want to go over my MRI. She said the doctor said he did that over the phone with you. I said yes but I want to actually see the images and see where the lesions were located.

She didn't see why that was nessasary. I asked her for a copy of my C.D. MRI and the report to go with it because I feel they were not taking the time to explain what is happening to me. She looked confused and said, we feel it's a conversion disorder and theres nothing more we can do for you.
The doctor said I can try for a 3rd opinion with a new doctor in town and told me his name. I asked him what does he specialize in and guess what, he's another neuro muscular neuro.

I told him, you said that you and the other most qualified neuro muscular doctor, that you sent me to see, feel it is definitely not a neuro muscular disease. Why would you send me to see him??
His answer was Because I don't know what or where else to send you!!

So I tell the nurse what he said and she said he said that because he is trying to get other doctors opinions because he is trying to help me.

My husband and I were so upset. I told her I may or may not see her again because they have done nothing to help me. They are playing mind games with me.

She said as soon as I get home I should look up a good phychiatrist to help me deal with my swallowing problem and the conversion disorder, as she was patting me on the back leading me out the door.

So today I call my first neuro and made an appoitment for a 2nd opinion. he is the doctor that originally Dx. me with MG over 7 years ago. The only reason I had left him was because of insurance changes.

I also made an appointment with a counselor to help me deal with everything I'v been going through.

I know stress is not good for my M.S. and or my M.G. I had a bad night with painful spasms most of the night and my left leg feels so heavy today.

I can't allow myself to get so upset, I end up paying for it phyically and the people who made me so upset are just fine and dandy!
GrannyJo4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote