View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Shocked

You certainly sound like an echo of the place we were going to!

How odd!

Oreo does not have GI symptoms yet. The mass was found while examining the neck lump which we were told was on the thyroid.

Two thyroid tests later...normal... the special cat vet wanted to do the exploratory ANYWAY after the ultrasound and biopsy...which was going to be at least $1,600! She wanted an cardiac ultrasound and more blood work,then the big surgery,
$5,000 plus. I said whoa!.... and backed out of there very fast.

Oreo is very happy, active, and I couldn't see turning her into an invalid and us robbed of our retirement money!
So the 4th vet said... "I wouldn't do surgery...it will spread this cancer in a flash" So we decided to do the prednisolone. It made her edgy and a bit mean, but it was 2 weeks on, then taper, 2more weeks higher, taper, and now she is not medicated as of yet. We are aware that she will have to be put to sleep soon, eventually but hubby is hoping they are all wrong, or crooks or whatever, since Oreo seems fine to him!

The 4th vet said the neck lump was probably the primary lesion, and it has receded..so we are hopeful she is in remission and can enjoy her active life a bit longer. Her picture is in my signature on this post...she is in the middle of the 3. I took that this summer, when her neck lump had just been found. Vet #1 did not palpate the abdominal area well, or it came up over vacation. It was found it Sept.

Gotta watch the Vets these days... some are out to make as much money off the owners as possible. And we are talking thousands here!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
breezy064 (02-15-2012), ginnie (02-15-2012), Kitty (02-15-2012)