View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 12:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you both for your kind words. I am 20 years old and I have never been diagnosed with a concussion but have hit my head plenty of times I'm sure. Just never any lasting symptoms. For example, I hit my head earlier in 2011 (late summer-beginning of fall) while rising up from a bent over position and struck a metal beam right above me at work. It hurt like hell for a few minutes but I took some ibuprofen and never had any problems after that. I don't drink coffee, etc at all.

I do understand your concern about the Xanax sedating my brain because my initial physician did seem to mention that he felt reluctant to prescribe something like that because of the uncertainty of my head. When I went to the psychiatrist, she seemed more concerned about assuming me being an anxious person in my life prior to this incident. She suggested that the concussion+recent stress manifested have resulted in an increase in an already present anxiety.

I never wanted to be medicated at first but I felt compelled to have 'something' just due to the overwhelming anxiety/panic induced by a belief in any possible 'scenarios'. I will say that I do become more anxious when I am alone/unengaged as opposed to being around my dad or doctor (someone who will listen/calm me down).

Sorry to be a pest but I have a couple more questions/thoughts:

1) I know exactly where I got hit playing basketball...Is it common to have these 'headaches' in many different areas of the head/neck besides just the area of impact?
2) Is it also normal for some days to feel okay for the most part with minor instances of headache and than some days I feel the headache as constant/dull or quick flares in different locations?
3) I can understand the twitching/random quick pains being from anxiety/stress BUT how does my leg issue sound... I really can't think of a term to describe it. The feeling isn't constant but when it does come, it lasts in episodes for a few hours and I just feel like I have to move them or else...

Like you said, the anxiety is a huge enemy right now. I just can't seem to stop doubting that I was feeling fine in mid-late December. Its as if I am minimizing my basketball injury and saying to myself :"That hit couldn't have been enough to warrant a concussion, right?"

Thanks again, I'll be keeping everyone updated
Dalton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote