Thread: Recall Support
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 12:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have great news. Lucy's scores have gone down alot! The vet is excited and as long as they continue going down she should be able to come home. I was so scared they hadn't changed, but they did. She looked great- the workers were telling me how different she looked today, like a whole different dog. We were able to walk her around outside and she was trying to climb out of her cage and onto my lap.

Her scores went from (3/30/07) BUN 161 and CRE 6.4 to (4/2/07) BUN 120 and CRE 5.2. Her phosphorus levels changed from (3/30) 15.8 to (4/2) 8.8! (which explains why she is looking so much better--- she is not feeling sick and nauseous anymore)

I can't believe how low they went. Thanks so much for thinking of her. I made a promise that if she was ok I would go to church on Sunday (lol) so I guess I will be going.

I was hoping to take her home today but her levels are still way too high and hopefully in a few days she can come home and will only need 1 shot per day until (if) they go back to normal. Normally they should be BUN 7-27, CRE .5-1.8, and PHOS 2.5-6.8. Her scores in October were in that range, I hope they can get back in it.

I will post pictures later in the week to show you everything she has gone through.
hsiw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote