Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 01:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bravely said Tena,

Not wanting to start a riot on religion,Christianity or anything else for that matter I just need to add...when folk know that I have a faith,invariably the question " Well why hasn`t God healed you then?" follows.
My answer remains the same.My faith sustains me.It enables me to cope witih the grief that IS PARKINSON`S DISEASE. On my own I could not be as positive I am certain.
A miracle?
I cannot say whether or not miracles occur.I have seen people prayed for,and then claim to be healed. Who am I to doubt that if they believe it.For me,as I have said....my healing started within, equipping me with coping strategies, a love I cannot describe,and an unwavering belief in God.
I didn`t know about this nun,but I tend to agree with Tena.
My reason...the God I know wouldn`t select just a chosen few.If He was going to cure us ...He would cure us ALL.
I am sorry..it angers and bewilders me when priests put out the line "If you had a strong enough faith...you would be healed"
I prefer to think of it as....God can use us all...even those with broken bodies...each one of us as precious as the next.

Whoops/.Have I messed up here.

x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote