Thread: Pain
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 11:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabun View Post
Hello I am new here, I know how forums go and I know I should introduce myself first but I will be doing that later.
My Girlfriend was diagnosed recently with MG and now she is on Mestinon, Ofcourse she is depressed as hell , but what bothers her a lot is the pain , muscle pain especially that in her eyes and other parts.
So I was wonder is there anything , anything at all she/I can do in order to get rid of it or at least reduce it any tips?
Well, she really needs to avoid any muscle relaxants (robaxacet etc.) Tylenol, Advil etc to reduce the pain should be fine.

Doctors will tell you that pain is not a symptom of MG (because what it does does not in itself cause pain.) However, when you're using different muscles to compensate for those effected by the condition they're bound to get tired and sore too. I found that when I was able to work out my pain was greatly reduced - build up the muscles that have to compensate for those being shut down. If she's able to or going to do work outs, make sure she does them at a gym where she can stop as soon as she's feeling fatigued. It sucks when you go for a long walk outside and your legs decide they're done for today. And unfortunately with the up&down nature of the condition, a "long" walk can vary from day to day.
Brennan068 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote