Thread: Unbelievable
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 12:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm sorry I came across as mean spirited; I really am not. I wish I had known about the better benefits through gov't jobs but I didn't. I wasn't real bright in that area to know, & never had anyone teach me about it. I also started working at 16, but sometimes people just fall through the cracks with social security & I happen to be one of them. I personally think since I already proved many years ago I was disabled that should have a lot of weight. I guess others don't think so though & I find that sad for them.

Mental illness doesn't just come and go; the social security office thinks so & can use it to turn down claims. My doctors claim mental illness just doesn't work that way & told the judge they are very aware I had these well before my last insured date I didn't know about. I personally think everyone deserves to get something other than nothing if they've worked. I do know my taxes pay for many people on disability & they are collecting it illegally. I don't find that fair. We have too much fraud on all levels; I've heard of many doctors committing fraudulent claims with medicare even. If anyone else were in my shoes they would be pretty tired of paying for all of this too & to get NOTHING. I'm amazed people think I should be happy with this while I'm battling cancer on top of everything else.

I made a mistake in going to people who only had a masters degree, I should have only gone to other doctors because they are able to REALLY DIAGNOSE. I was trying to save money; doctors aren't cheap when you don't have insurance. These counselors never once mentioned bipolar or borderline, yet the very same place that originally got me SSI did. That was the point of my post. Because I'm not a good writer, I guess people thought I meant something different. I understand about the hygiene & stuff but don't understand ignoring the most important I mentioned above, other than the fact like I said, they have medical so that's what is important to them. If these important things aren't mentioned than no wonder the judge turned me down.They just simply didn't understand is all it is. Believe me, I'm ashamed to have these mental conditions & wish more than anything I didn't have them. I'm actually better just by admitting it though, years ago I sure wouldn't have.

I can clearly see why some of these people on the news go out of their minds at times. Mental illness shouldn't just be ignored; it's a very serious problem & has caused me not to be able to hold down jobs. I may have my problems but no one ever has to fear me going on a shooting spree or anything. I worry about the ones that do though because we all have to then suffer. I think the system should just be made to be a little more fair. It doesn't look that is going to happen though & I find it really sad. It is getting worse!!

I regret even posting on here & don't think I will anymore. The whole subject of my post was just ignored, & instead focused on me being upset of how crazy the two therapist were. To have the first one see me for a year and tell me she was on my side with my disabilities then to play a power game all because I simply requested another counselor isn't right. I laugh how she wrote she feels I can work. I think she can work too, much better than I. She should stop getting SSI and work full time and stop hiding money with her mother. I guess you think it's right what she is doing. I could hide money too, but I prefer to be honest. No one should have to do this to get medical care; that's ridiculous.
Zevan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote