View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 02:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridagal View Post
I too have vitiligo, milld case now, hypothyroidism, very resistant toenail fungus, and a recent bout with a ring-worm type itchy rash on my back. I have blood sugar abnormalities but not diabetic yet. would it help if everyone who had these type problems in addition to Parkinson's could post? I also notice that i am not catching much in the way of common colds or flu. if i have an overactive immune response, could that be why? I try to include a dose of ibuprofen everyday to help decrease inflammation. don't know if it helps, hope so.
It is interesting how many of us now resist colds, sinus infections and flu but have a host of other immunity issues. I know that I am subclinical hypothyroid but because my THS is in the normal high end range, I am sent on my way.

I have noticed that I am prone to yeast infections and after taking Diflucan, the one day antibiotic super dose, my good gut bacteria was wiped out and I ended up with yeast over growth and am almost immediate allergic reaction that at first I thought was flu but it landed me at the doctor. I was reminded by my primary care doc that medical practice in States do not recognize intestinal yeast over growth as an actua treatable condition?! Whatever...if they can't throw a drug at it, they won't treat it. I also cannot use soy sauce; it causes same nasty digestive symptoms. Did not have these issues pre-PD. Plus these things interfere with my med absorption or increased inflammation temporarily exacerbates symptoms. Ugh

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote