Old 02-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp491954 View Post
I have had sufferd back pain for over 20 years and had have several major back surgeries. The past six years I have suffered with chronic back pain. Was placed into pain management. After many injections, it was suggested that I should consider a trial stimulator. THe trail went well and pain level wnet down. Was than scheduled and had my implant done back in Sept. Now several months after I have pain in the area if the implant I cant stand anything touching it as it causes alot of pain, I cant not sleep on my left and if I do I wake in pain and my left leg is numb. The doctors want to try and place th implant in deeper, and I dont know what I should do. I am thinking about going to local ER and just having it taken out. Has anyone had this problems?"
Welcome to NT!
I'm sorry about this pain that has plagued you for so long.
How well does your SCS cover your pain?
I doubt that ER will remove the implant. They would probably have the procedure scheduled and then you wouldn't have the high expense of the ER charges. Have you lost weight since your implant was done? (pointed question I know ) Reason I ask is because this happened to me. I had been on a bad medication that caused me to gain about 40 lbs. After my implant I didn't take that med anymore and began to lose the weight. This is when I noticed the unit began 'moving' to the surface of my skin and I thought the battery was working it's way OUT! Well, that wasn't the case. It was because of losing weight. The extra 'flesh' was melting away. The site began to get pretty sensitive. Since then, tho, I have become used to it and it's no bother now.

The reason I asked if your unit covers your pain is because if it does, I wouldn't want to get rid of it. If your Dr wants to make a deeper pocket for it to sit in, then that probably wouldn't be that big of a deal. It'll just be tender from the surgery for awhile. Hopefully he wouldn't put it in too deep because you might have a hard time making a connection with your charger when you go to charge the battery.

There are these padded adhesives (I think 'Johnson & Johnson' make them). You place them over the tender part and it'll cushion it from the outside world.

Stick around! There's plenty of support and caring people here. If you want to start a thread of your own down below, just exit out of this dialogue and click on the 'New Thread' option at the upper left of the screen.

It's great to have you here!

Caring,
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dcp491954 (02-15-2012), Mark56 (02-26-2012)