View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 06:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I only travel to warm destinations now. I looked at Europe for this next summer and the multiple planes, trains and toting luggage here and there was not appealing to me. Opted for hot and humid Costa Rica instead.

Tips:

Check-in luggage, rolling bag is my only option. I only carry-on a teeny tiny purse, prescriptions and a Kindle. I refuse to go through the new x-ray machines which require you to hold your arms up. Even though I explain I have a disability, I get "the look" and a snark face every time by the TSA.

Aisle seat and/or window. If you don't take meds for your pain, a muscle relaxant may help for a long haul flight. A Flexeril helped me get to China. Drink lots of water and walk the plane frequently.

I bring all of my "tools." I have a collection of little balls, air pillows and a sawed off 3" roller which all fit in my suitcase. Rolled up hotel towels can work for rollers in a pinch. I do my exercise routine every morning and night while traveling. My immediate family understands this is my routine, but when I travel with others, I have to set my ground rules. Not looking forward to a trip to Vegas in a few weeks with my mom and sis -

Sleep medication, melatonin or other supplements may help you get in the time zone quicker and easier. Lack of sleep equals pain and you'll have more tolerance being well rested.

Pace yourself! If you have a busy active day, then enjoy a more relaxing one the next.

Lose yourself in the newness and fun of the destination. You may forget you have TOS for moments or even hours. Have a great time.
Anne4tos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote