View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 11:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
I just wanted you to know I read your post. I am sorry you are suffering so much with RSD. I don't have your disorder, but I have a great deal of empathy for those who suffer with it. I have PN, so I know just a little of what you are experiencing. I hope you go see a new Neurologist. You should be getting some kind of relief. Somebody in the medical field needs to address your pain. I know RSD is terrible. Keep in touch here with those that have it. They will try to help you more, and may be better able to direct you to some help. I care about you and I am sorry you are suffering. I am on the Welcome team, and I should have stopped by sooner to Welcome you to Neuro Talk. I am always around to listen. ginnie
Update.

Saw neurologist Tuesday. WTF. 30 minute appointments. No wonder they male about $250k per year.

Anyhow. Came prepared to fight. And did exactly that. My RSD has spread officially, covers my entire right arm, shoulder, side and chest, with occasional left side and neck. Also have small skin loss daily with finger sweating. And a lump on a finger.

Showed neurologist the research I have done, AND WHAT THEY CAN DO!!! He said they (he) deal with acute pain, not RSD (chronic) type and said I should be on narcotic type meds to control the pain.

He did agree with my "requests" and ordered a right arm bone density scan and blood tests to determine if my bones and such are as bad as my right arm muscle atrophy. Those I set up myself for next Tuesday.

He agreed with certain pain clinics choices I made, but there is nothing any of us can do to get in without workers comp approval. I have noone to go to any office visit anywhere, it is just me.

However he increased my meds a bit to try to slow the spasms, they get unbearable at times and worse when my arm is warm, but agreed I cannot use cold at all without repercussions.

I think I scared him a little, or impressed (nit sure) with the amount of research I literally showed him on my laptop. And when he stated things a pain doctor could try, I added like 15 more options.

So I continue to wait, and endure. Unlike you all, I have NO ONE I can talk to. I have no family, lost my friends when they learned what I have and must endure. There is a HUGE difference between typing and live talk. Do not try to say there isn't.

Oh and someone had problems returning to work... I had exactly the same problems. My job REFUSED to let me work within doctor restrictions, even when we proved they were medically necessary. We tried unrestricted use of my arm, hospitalized me. I was forced out of my job after 5 years.

Do not accept an out of court settlement. Make them go to court and explain to the judge why they won't let you work, and make sure your lawyer leaves full medical on RSD open. And get a great QRC now, one your lawyer recommends preferrably. ASAP.

Well, that's it. I'm off, for who knows how long, to endure this alone if I can. Thanks for the reply but if any future ones are done I may not see them.
Kheldar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote