View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 01:58 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lema56 View Post
i honestly and truly appreciate your kind words. yes, i do go to therapy, 2 times a week. i would say it helps being able to talk to my ot b/c she is great and she is so patient with me. i have looked for support groups, but they are all so far from my home. i was recently looking into neuro-psych, which is supposed to include some sort of coping and therapy sessions or something, but unfortunately, my injury has not always been priority in my house. i always say that people will never know what rsd is like until they experience it. i also do not really hang out with friends b/c i don't really have any. and besides, i feel that they do not really get it.
since you have rsd, would you say that you are hadicapped or disabled?
Hi well I have been off work and have a lot of limits. I hope one day I will be able to go back to college and work. Right now just trying to take a day at a time. I have done some different kinds of therapy mentally for this because I really had a hard time coping. I still do but not to the degree. I am sorry you don't feel a priority in your family. Do you drive? Can you call around about making an apt with the neuro psych? What state do you live in?
I also have lost friends due to this. I know though isolation is not healthy for this. What I have learned is that people may not understand this but some try at least. I don't expect them to understand but just want a friendly check in and no dumb comment.
Sorry again are you in school?
Back to the disability question. When I was at Cleveland Clinic pain program and with some other pain doctors they have talked about and encouraged trying to have a life in this condition. Now on some days it is near impossible but on the better days to try to push oneself. So for ex I took a computer class when I had a better day etc. I encourage you too.
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote