View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 09:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default ACDF Advice anyone? Might cancel because I live alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinjcb View Post
I had ACDF surgery July 2011. I did NOT wake up in the hospital with my arm pain gone! Unlike some lucky people. The first month of recovery was hellacious. Lots of pain in my arm and shoulder. It wasn't until the 5th week that the pain began to lessen. It's now four months later, and I'm down to about 1800mg. of Gabapentin daily, instead of 3600 mg. before my surgery. Of course, I hope I continue to improve, but sometimes I wonder why it's taking so long (I had two huge disc herniations as a result of a fall. Have no DDD at all).
Hi, I am scheduled for ACDF next Tuesday at C4/5, C5/6 and C6/7 "with cage." I'm not sure what that means. I live alone and had been told by my NS that he would be able to get me into a nursing facility for a while post-op (I'm 66), but, yesterday, he told me that he cannot arrange for the nursing facility. I am terrified and thinking about canceling/postponing my surgery. I would have home health, but most of the time, I would be alone. Any advice from people who have had this surgery? Thanks
ABBB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote