View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 10:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry,

The two things that always and invariably lead to ptosis and DV for me are bright light and flickering objects.

So, couldn't look for long enough at your animations.

But, I too was told by a neuro-ophtalmologist that I have cogan's lid twitch and a few other "classical" ocular MG findings.

It was really funny, because I went to her as she is a colleague I highly appreciate and consult a lot (regarding my own patients) and when taking steroids I wanted to make sure that I do not have glaucoma or cataracts.

As I was there any how, I asked her what she thought about my very atypical ocular symptoms and (according to quite a few leading MG experts) my "non-myasthenic" ptosis.

She did a brief examination after which she asked me what exactly was atypical and what didn't fit myasthenia in my ptosis.

Ironically, the only neurologist that examined me like that, was the one working for my insurance company who was trying to prove that when I made my policy (at that time I was working full time with two young kids) , I knew that I have MG. So, he took every effort to show that contrary to my claim, I have a "classical" case of MG and as I had similar symptoms 20 years before should have known I was ill even if I had complete resolution of all my symptoms and was clearly told by a leading MG expert that I do not and never had MG.

So, he too demonstrated my "classical" ocular symptoms. Go figure this ridiculous disease.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote