View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Dear ABBB

I am sorry to hear that you have to go through this surgery. I am 60 and have been through two of them. Last time C3-7. It was my experience that I needed help for over two weeks. You should not be left alone. I could not have gone through it without the help of my housemate. I was in bed for the first week non stop, and could not feed myself, or wash myself. The second week I was up in my chair, in the recliner and most uncomfortable. Can you get a neighbor to come in and help with meals? personal care? I wish I were your neighbor and could help you out myself. Call your church, maybe you can get someone to be with you until you feel more comfortable by yourself. My friend up in Missouri, had home health care visits, but it was not enough eithor. He had the same procedure as you are going to have. He did manage, but it was a rough go being alone most of the time.
Please try and get someone to be with you, especially those first days untill you feel OK about being alone. I hope to hear from you. Let me know if you can find some help. Maybe others on this site would have more information about community service agiencies. My best wishes for you. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote