View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi Lindees

So sorry you are having C5-6 issues. Yes your pain can indeed be because of this area. I have had two cervial fusions the last 21 months ago at C3-7 with all the hardware. I would recommend you see a Neuro Surgeon, as well as your ortho surgeon before you submit to the surgery. I didn't do that the first time around, and the issues in my entire neck were not addressed with that first fusion. I have DDD. The cervical issues had to be resolved by a second fusion as I had the domino effect. I should have gotten that second opinion. I was too in a hurry to have the pain overwith. I also had no health insurance, and beggers can't be choosy. I didn't have the money for continued exams as the private expence for this 1st surgery were huge. I had an auction on my behalf. I do think about this, and if I could have avioided more trouble if I had been a little more educated the first time. This is just my experience. I don't want to scare you, as I did get a fairly good result from C3-7. Not pain free, but much better. If there are any questions you need answered just keep posting. this site is here for you and so am I. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote