View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 02:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default continued improvements with tDCS

I am happy to report that treating the opposite side has greatly reduced the sensitivity on the other side of my body. In fact at times I do not noticed it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now adding treatment of that side to my schedule. I am still walking a mile every day, (except when it is windy) I am working very hard trying to get the strength back in my right hand. I am so happy that the atrophy is gone from my right limb but I want that strength back. (Not there yet, I dropped a glass and shattered it this morning-back to tupperware for a while)

My energy level is improving, my joint pain is still totally gone. Every morning I wake up and still recoil when I start to rise in anticipation that the full body joint pain will slam me. I have to remind myself each morning that it is gone.

I screwed up big time this week. I started a new compounded pain cream since all other compounded creams caused nasty skin reactions. Rather than try a small amount on a safe spot I applied it to the right side. Who knows why I did something so stupid?

The good thing is that, although the resulting skin reaction was just as miserable as before it did not ignite a major lie on the floor crying flare!
(I should probably give up on pain creams since the only one that helped my pain contained Ketamine and I am allergic to that.)

On the not so positive side I had a six month follow up with the GI doc who was amazed that the symptoms of gastroparesis appear to have permanently vanished and that I was walking a lot better. He said I was his first CRPS patient who had gastroparesis symptoms disappear. Unfortunately he was very defensive when I told him how my improvement occurred and it had nothing to do with the medication he had prescribed that made me sicker and I had not followed through with his referral to get a spinal cord stimulator, (which should not have been a surprise since I had informed him I would not have that procedure.) I was actually chastised for using tDCS, even though he was unfamiliar with it. He indicated that he was making a note in my chart that he counseled me against its use. When I asked him if he would prefer that all of my symptoms return again he stated the following as he abruptly left the room, "I can't help you if you don't follow my recommendations." I had to bite my tongue to keep from reminding him that he in fact had not helped me.

Can't waste valuable time an energy trying to bring him around. It's dump time. Hopefully I won't need a gasto doc in the future. If so I hope to find one whose ego does not enter the room before he does.

Is anyone else treating both sides?

Has anyone else cracked the booster treatment schedule nut?
ballerina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote