View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-lo View Post
Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels weird in the mornings! Oddly enough, I have the opposite sort of thing going on. The pattern I've noticed is that I wake up and feel almost normal for a little while, but I'd say within an hour or two I start to notice that I'm still dealing with issues (like getting disoriented/confused when trying to focus on something mundane like taking a shower) and then I only have maybe a few hours at most after that before I really start crashing and drag through the rest of the day. For example, if I wake up at 9ish and don't take my time with getting all ready for the day (like if I have a doctor's appointment to get to), I'll probably be wanting to go back to bed by about 12.

What's really weird for me about waking up feeling pretty much normal at first is that I get this feeling of panic like "I've been over-reacting this whole time, nothing's wrong with me, I've let my life go into all this mess and chaos over nothing!" I kinda breath a sigh of relief when I start noticing symptoms again and can know that I'm not crazy and it's not all in my head... But then again, technically speaking...
Wow, finally someone I can relate to. Welcome to my world.

I have the same type of deal going on with me. My mornings are usually like this...I either wake up already disoriented and it takes a few hours to gain my composure....OR, I'll wake up feeling normal, have breakfast and start to get ready for the day and then slowly but surely my symptoms will start to become noticeable. I've been waking up a lot more refreshed lately...It started the morning after getting my NUCCA adjustment.

I've also had that feeling of panic in the morning like "Wow, it must be all in my head. Maybe I don't have any pr....oh never mind. I'm still broken."

Your morning routine sounds extremely similar to mine.

What kind of symptoms are you struggling with, if you don't mind me asking?
What happened: I was randomly assaulted from behind in June of 2011. I was knocked unconscious for an unknown amount of time (less than 30 minutes) and have no memory of the event. CT scan showed contusion and hematoma of the left frontal lobe. I spent 3 days in the hospital. Diagnosed with Post-Concussion Syndrome in September 2011. Currently have Medicaid, Medicare and SSI.

Current symptoms: Brain fog, mild memory issues, problems with spontaneity, occasional spacing out, word finding difficulties, tinnitus in right ear and some other things that I can't explain.

Life after the brain injury: 4 years after the injury, I'm engaged to my beautiful girlfriend of 5 years, I'm the CEO of my own business, Notorious Labs, I've taught myself how to program complex games and apps which is a feat I never thought I'd accomplish and now live a semi-normal life with very mild PCS symptoms.

Slowly but surely regaining my life back.
SpaceCadet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
musiclover (01-06-2013)