View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 12:22 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default I see....

Ok, I see where you're at with this. I can understand why you feel uncomfortable about this. I was hoping that your SCS was doing a pretty good job of covering your pain.

Down below is where the active posting is (you and I are communicating up in the "sticky's" and not many people see this). Anyway, there are quite a few Scs'ers down there who have had this problem - where their unit seems to lose it's 'Pazzazz' (?) Sometimes it's the battery getting weaker. Other times it just takes more tweak sessions. Then there are the instances where it's the scar tissue to blame. Our friend Jackie had this problem and her Dr said that the scar tissue continues to change it's form and sometimes it can 'encase' the leads/electrodes, which stifles the stimulation effect. Jackie has had her unit for a couple of years and is still having scar tissue issues. Her Dr feels confident that he can get better stimulation if he tweaks around. This is why it is necessary to be tweaked every so often. Others don't seem to have this problem tho.

Since you've got the non-rechargable unit, I'm not sure what to think. You haven't had it in very long so I wouldn't think that the battery could be dying already. HOWEVER Jackie had to have her battery changed out only a few months after her implant. She had a dud of a battery. So, I guess this does happen, but I hope it's not the case with you.

Do you feel confident in your Dr? If he sounds confident in making some adjustments on you, then maybe it's worth a go. I wonder if there's a way he could check the status of your battery while he's in there.

I can certainly understand why you feel tempted to just throw in the towel tho. If it's that sensitive and painful, that would be hard to deal with on a longterm basis.

Please keep us informed of how your appointment goes on Monday. I'm curious to know what doc will have to say. We could probably learn from your experience.

I wish you well for Monday and thereafter. I really hope this will work out for you.

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-26-2012)