View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 10:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheldar View Post
Saw pain doctor.
My first question: How long do I have here?
Answer: 30 minutes.

Strike 1.

Said I have RSD 24 months and ongoing.
Response: I don't handle RSD patients that have had it that long, at most I see any during initial diagnosis to a couple months and always refer them on.

Strike 2.

Said I have been enduring agony beyond anything imagineable, i get very little sleep, no help, no support, nothing. Said I am TRYING to get into a pain clinic but have been turned away until workers comp sends letters of approval first. BEGGED him to help me until I can get into one.
Response: NO. Just a paper with a name and number to call for s possible future appointment.

Strike 3.

Total office visit duration: 5 minutes.

Called "family" doctors office and begged them to help. Got call back about 2 hours later. Had explained entire situation also.

Response: NO. Got "referral" to a clinic I had already contacted and wants letters of approval first.

So here I am, back at ground zero, exactly as I have been for 25 months: alone, in excrutiating pain and told NO.

So tell me what's good about this... I can get drunk daily, that is my only pain relief I have. Typing doesn't help, it makes it worse.

Alone??? Answer: YES
Kheldar, I didn't read this whole thread but came across your post above. Is there anyone at all that will go to doctors appointments with you? Have you gone to an emergency room yet? One approach you may want to try is contact your congressman's office, either email them through their website or call them on the phone and see if you can rattle some cages. This may work and or get the help you need pronto!!
Jimking is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote